The SIFF – Sulmona International Film Festival has four competitive categories:
- INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILMS: for short films from around the world (except Italy) with a running time of 25 minutes or less.
- NATIONAL SHORT FILMS: for short films from Italy with a running time of 25 minutes or less.
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILMS: for short films from around the world with a running time of 30 minutes or less.
- MUSIC VIDEOS: for music videos from around the world with a running time of 10 minutes or less.
AWARDS and PRIZES
Main awards (TROPHIES + CASH PRIZES):
- The awards for the BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM consists in 2.500,00 $ (USD) and trophy.
- The awards for the BEST NATIONAL SHORT FILM consists in 1.000,00 $ (USD) and trophy.
- The awards for the BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT FILM consists in 500,00 $ (USD) and trophy.
- The awards for the BEST MUSIC VIDEO consists in 500,00 $ (USD) and trophy.
Other awards (TROPHIES WITHOUT CASH PRIZE):
- BEST DIRECTOR
- BEST SCREENPLAY
- BEST PHOTOGRAPHY
- BEST SOUNDTRACK
- BEST EDITING
- BEST ACTOR
- BEST ACTRESS
- BEST ANIMATION
The Sulmona International Film Festival jury and programming committee can give special awards to films with specific values.
National and International Shorts will compete, without nationality distinction, to the "Other Awards".
National Shorts will not compete in the "International Short" category.
Documentary shorts will compete only in the "Documentary Short" category.
PROGRAMMING COMMITTEE and JURY
Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Sulmona International Film Festival programming committee.
The jury will made up of recognized individuals in the cinema and cultural world. The festival management will appoint the members of the official jury who will assign the awards for each competitive section.
The decisions of the Programming Committee and Jury will be FINAL.
Programming committee decides the number of short films and music videos selected for the screening.
If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact officially the entrant by email.
Selected films will be published on-line on www.sulmonafilmfestival.com
The Festival organization have the final decision about controversial cases.
Short films and music videos can be submitted electronically ONLY via FILM FREEWAY https://filmfreeway.com/festival/SulmonaInternationalFilmFestival
DEADLINES and FEES:
OPENING DATE: January 15, 2017.
- EARLYBIRD I DEADLINE: February 15, 2017 - $20 (USD)
- EARLYBIRD II DEADLINE: March 15, 2017 - $25 (USD)
- REGULAR DEADLINE: May, 15, 2017. - $30 (USD)
- LATE DEADLINE: July 15, 2017. - $35 (USD)
- EXTENDED DEADLINE: August 31, 2017. - $45 (USD)
NOTIFICATION DATE: September 24, 2017.
Entry fees are not refundable.
All short films and music videos must have been completed after January 1, 2014.
International and National short films must have a running time of 25 minutes or less.
International and National documentary short films must have a running time of 30 minutes or less.
Music videos must have a running time of 10 minutes or less.
All genres are accepted.
There is no Première policy.
Each director may submit a maximum of three short films or music videos (entry fee for each project).
All short films must be subtitled in English for Festival consideration.
Final deadline (extended deadline) is August 31, 2017 (23.59 - Local time).
Entrants must deliver final format (as indicated in the “Screening requirements” section below) for Festival screenings. No exceptions will be permitted.
Through Film Freeway entrants must provide:
- Pre-selection copy of short film or music video in high resolution.
- Dialogue list in English.
- Director’s photo.
- N°2 pictures in high resolutions.
If your film or music video is selected for exhibition, the Festival will require:
- Official copy of film or music video in high resolution (Apple ProRes; H264; .mov)
- All foreign (non Italian) short films selected for the official screening MUST have Italian subtitles.
- All italian short films selected for the official screening MUST have English subtitles.
- Digital Press-kit.
- Any promotional material.
The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) has the right to add, alter, change, or delete any portion of the guidelines at anytime without notice.
Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) will provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case.
If accepted entrants grant without reservations, to the Festival, the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes.
No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
The Festival management reserves the right to modify or suspend the event.
All informations above shall supersede any other guidelines associated with the Festival. The Festival is entitled to make interpretations in any case not considered in these rules and regulations and may make exceptions whenever justified. The Festival Management will review unforeseen cases.
The participation at the Sulmona International Film Festival (SIFF) implies understanding and acceptance of above regulations.
The festival management declare that any personal data provided will be used in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 196/2003 as subsequently amended and will be processed exclusively for the purposes of the Festival.